A systematic management approach and management habit requiring the ability to project into the future.
- Increase the desired effects.
- Prevent and reduce the undesired effects, in order to continuously improve its overall effectiveness and achieve the desired outcomes.
- Recognize the threats, the opportunities will serve to review certain business practices and finally turn a threat into an opportunity.
- The creation of a risk management policy consisting of element identification impacting directly on a carefree client satisfaction.
- A 2 criteria potential risk element prioritization and categorization: – by probability and by impact on the outcome.
- The implementation of a risk control action plan.
These three steps must be revised regularly
- Identify your activities’ strengths and weaknesses as well as threats and opportunities.
- Identify your interested parties and their concerns.
- Plan your actions in order to offset the risks and turn them into opportunities in the course of regular business.
- Implement actions that would handle threats and opportunities by simply introducing them from the beginning of the project auxquels il a à participer.
- Establish demonstrable and measurable Quality objectives so they can support your business processes, management, Quality policy and your commitments towards client satisfaction. Quality objectives must also take into account the principal concerns of your interested parties and the risks they incur.
- Ensure that the Quality objectives are supported by consistent targets and action plans determining the Who, What, How, When and the level reached and effectiveness.
- Plan out your management system assessment requirements, reflecting on possible consequences, resource availability, responsibilities and autorités de son personnel.
- These risk analyses must cover 4 specific fields:
- Goods and/or products manufacturing;
- Financial aspects;
- Resource and skills requirements;
Integrated systems implementation
ISO-9001:2015 – ISO-14001:2015 – ISO-45001 International Standards
Objectif Qualité was the first consulting agency, over more than 20 years of experiences to offer its clients « multi-Standard » systems including up to 5 different standards, thus having only 1 system to manage.
Setting company targets.
Collection of information.
Validation of the existing literature.
Business processes identification and improvement of those already implemented.
Identification of the interested parties and their concerns.
Identification and risk assessment (* Redaction of the documents providing support for the normative elements.)
Validation and correction.
Assistance for document redaction and required tools for the implementation.
Training for the system manager(s).
Quality/Environment internal pre-audits.
Assistance to the pre-audit adjustments.
Attendance to the external audit.
You may also like the following link as a tool : www.planiso.com